Friday, November 25, 2011

Welcome to My Blog!

Assalaamu-Aliakum Wa Rahamatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

This is my first post and would to point out why I have created this blog.
When I first started to learn Raags from my teacher I was given songs in Hindi to remember the Raag by and to remember how the Raag flowed (chalan).
I want to eliminate that because even though the people don't know which Indian song you're copying,your attention as a Naat reader goes towards the songs.
This blog is a reference for me and hopefully for all students who wish to recite the beautiful praise of our Holy Master Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasalam.

I will start my posts by identifying Naats composed in the most common Raags and will continue to add to those as I understand and decrypt more.
My blog is designed for those people who already have a basic understanding of Raag and how they are used in Naat reading. If you are a beginner with no former knowledge of Raags and are interested in reciting the praise of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasalam in a most beautiful way then please let me know by commenting and I will create another post highlighting the basics and if the need arises advanced theory of music.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Sir, I am new and beginner and I have no former knowledge of Raags. Please guide me how to learn. If you do have any other blog or you tube link. Please let me know at my email ID manishchudasama@yahoo.com .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salm,

    This is great effort by you i appreciate thumbs up for you click here for listen best naats online.

    ReplyDelete